Sunday, March 28, 2010

Milan kundera


Milan Kundera is one my favorite author. He has born April 1, 1929, in Brno Czechoslovakia. Kundera is a Czech and French writer. His writing style and his philosophy is more concerned with the words that shape his characters than with the characters' physical appearance. In one of his book (The Art of the Novel) he says that the reader's imagination automatically completes the writer's vision. He, as the writer, wishes to focus on the essential insofar as the physical is not critical to an understanding of the character. However, I like the challenge of reading his book. The unbearable lightness of being, Identity, and Immortality, are my favorite fictions of this author that I recommend you to read.

Picture from: http://yrol.free.fr/LITTERA/KUNDERA/kundera.htm

2 comments:

  1. atefeh ,I did not know that you are interested to milan kondra books.I love him and have red all of his books. I think one of the best his books is immortality. I have red it more than 5 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, he is a great writer. I love the quote about the readers' imagination completing the writer's vision. It's something we all need to be aware of - the fact that our writing is someone else's reading, and somehow the reader is involved in the discourse (what is being expressed). Very cool.

    ReplyDelete